Whether you are a qualified masseuse looking for a massage table for your business or a home owner looking for one for your home therapy visits, a portable massage table is the best bet for you. These tables are fashioned to be lightweight and foldable, allowing you to carry them from place to place and fold them for storage when not in use.
For massage therapists, there are a wide variety of massage tables that one can buy. Some of these are fitted with accessories needed to do the job. Good news is that they can be transported from one place to another with ease because of their portability.
Owing to the fact that there are so many massage tables in the market, it is highly advised that you first consider your requirements before setting out to shop for one.
Factors to consider before buying a Portable Massage Table
-Price- The cost of the table is most likely to inform your choice of a portable table to buy. Depending on your budget, you can find massage tables that range from between $80 and $4,000. When shopping around, be careful not to settle for poor quality in the pursuit of low cost massage tables.
-Portable or fixed- Settle for a fixed table if you will not be doing out-calls, otherwise a portable table is ideal for those who do out calls. Portable tables are advantageous because they can be folded, moved around and they save space and this cannot be said of fixed tables which are basically immovable.
-The height and width of the table- Ensure that you choose a table with the right width and height. Massage tables come in widths that range between 28 to 35 inches and heights that range between 20 to 36 inches. As a rule of thumb, the height of table you choose should fall close to your hip joint. Also, use your height to determine the width of the table that is ideal for you. For example, if your height is 5’4’’ or less, ensures that you buy a table that is not wider than 29 inches and for those who are 5’10”and above, they should go for a table width of between 28 and 33 inches.
-Weight- This consideration is important especially if you are getting a portable massage table. It is commonplace to find portable massage tables for sale that weigh anywhere between 22 and 30 pounds. The weight of the table is greatly influenced by its size and the material it has been made from. Settle for a light massage table especially if you will be doing out-calls.
-Thickness of the padding- Perhaps this is one of the most important considerations when looking for a massage table to buy. The thickness of the padding will not only determine the longevity of your massage table but also determine your clients’ comfort. You wouldn’t want your clients to feel as if they are lying on a plank of plywood would you? Ensure that the padding is thick enough so that your clients can relax on a soft and comfortable mattress as you massage away their stress.
Now, after detailing what you should look out for when shopping for an ideal massage table, let us now look at the top 6 portable massage tables available in the market: best to buy.
1.EARTHLITE Harmony DX Portable Massage Table Package Reviews
Though a bit costly, it has super comfort features. It comes complete packaged with adjustable face cradle too.
Its important features include the following:
- Has nylon carry case which is durable.
- Its face cradle cushion is proprietary cloudfill polygel
- Its full size of 30” width by 73 length fits all size categories.
- Its foam is 2.5” high and soft.
- Height is from 23 to 33.
- This portable table has hard maple parts plus reinforced corner blocks made of hardwood to increase its strength and sustain working weights of up to 600 lbs. Its weight is 38 pounds.
- It is designed with sure-grip knobs and piano hinges for strength.
Like all others massage tables for sale, it’s easy to carry and store. Its cushioning is double layer. Its squeak free and can be used in top hotels.
2.Master Massage 31″ Montclair Professional Portable Massage Table Reviews
This portable table is a step above the EARTHLITE Harmony DX portable massage table in quality. Moreover, its price is lower as compared to the former. Master massage Montclair is luxurious and extra wide to fit all sizes of people. Buying this table will assure you of long term service. Its main features include the following
- It has a width of 31” and length of 84” with adjustable height from 24 to 34 inches. The massage chair weighs 36 lbs.
- The duo plane hinge system holds the brace of table top securely. It offers more stability and less stress on the wood legs.
- Its 3 inches 3 layer memory form system offers the best support and comfort. It is water and oil proof.
- This portable table have mahogany hardwood on its legs and support cables made of aircraft-grade steel to enable working weight of 750lbs.
- It has a carrying case, dream face cradle, face cushion and padded arm shelf.
Its arm rest is adjustable and oversized to fit all size categories and give more comfort. It has good construction qualities with shiatsu cable release and Reiki leg panels. Its multi layered (3 layer) foam system is non flammable. It ensures a client does not feel the structure of the table. The hinge system is also enhanced to ensure stability; no cracking afterwards. Its Duo-plane hinge ensures minimal stress on the massage table wood compared to the traditional piano hinge.
Reiki panel is an added advantage to masseuse to avoid them getting into contact too much to their clients. It is recommended for massage therapists, home owners and even hotels.
3. Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table reviews
- It is constructed using high quality Beech hardwood and fitted with 2.5-inch-thick high density foam.
- Comes with a carry bag shoulder straps for ease of carrying
- It is 82 inches in length with height from 23 that can be adjusted between 23 to 33 inches. The length includes face cradle.
- It has facial cradle which can be removed, arm supports
- It is water and oil resistant
- It comes with free cotton fitted massage sheets, towel hanger and oil pouch.
- It has a 5 years warranty.
In our reviews, we consider this table as one of the best portable massage tables because it comes complete packaged, clients are comfortable during massage with its high density foam and arm rests. Other important features include 450 lbs weight limit, the table itself is 37lb in weight and 41 when with its accessories. It has 5 years warranty.
4. Abody Portable Massage Table 2 Fold Hardwood Frame Adjustable SPA Bed Tattoo Beauty Salon, 84”L, Pink (Reviews)
-Of all massage tables for sale reviewed; this is the most affordable, click at the button below to have a look . Its main features include the following:
- This massage bed has a sturdy frame structure to enhance sturdiness and folds into 2 sections.
- It has arm support and high-density foam for more comfortability.
- The height of the massage bed is adjustable, from 63 to 85 cm, the leather covering is water proof and the frame is made of hardwood.
- The covering materials of the massage are ultra soft.
- It is easy to carry, fold; its face pillow is removable and adjustable.
Its low price makes it ideal for most people.
5. Saloniture Professional Portable Massage Table with Backrest – Black (Reviews)
This is an affordable portable massage. Its main features include the following:
- Its frame is constructed using sturdy hardwood and it has steel support cables supporting weights of up to 450 pounds.
- The covering of this portable bed is oil and water proof, soft and durable. The leather covering is vegan friendly, has no smell and softer than PVC.
- The foam cushioning is of high density, have removable head and arm rest.
- It is easy to carry.
- Its legs have double knobs to increase stability.
- It has a face pillow with removable cover.
- Its weight is 30 pounds and folds in half, looking like a suitcase
- Its carrying case is made of tough nylon with shoulder straps that are adjustable. There are side pockets that enable holding of oils and other supplies.
- The table is 36”long by 8.5” wide. Its height is 84” long.
6.MSG 3 Fold Portable Massage Table Facial Spa Bed Tattoo W/Free Carry case (reviews)
This is another very affordable portable massage table .Its main features include the following:
- Like many massage tables reviewed here, this one has face cradle & arm rests that are adjustable and removable.
- It is made of beach timber that is of high quality and its density foam deck is 2.5 inch high. Other materials are wooden frame and PU.
- Weight capacity is 496 lbs.
- Good one for masseuses, home owners and students.
- It has a free carry case.
- Its adjustable height is from 22.8-33.5”
- Its carrying case is made of nylon and sturdy straps for easy transportation.
- Length of the table is 37.8” and width is 6.7”
- Good massage bed for doing waxing and tattoo too.
- It comes assembled, one have to unfold only
Factors we considered in this reviews
Best low Cost portable tables
Price is a big factor one considers before buying a portable massage table. Portable tables are the cheapest compared to the fixed ones. They are good choice for home owners and those who are not able to invest too much on a massage table. The cheapest massage tables we have reviewed here are MSG 3 Fold Portable Massage Table Facial Spa Bed and Abody Portable Massage Table 3 Fold Hardwood Frame.
Quality is the most important factor buyers consider before purchasing any portable massage table. After all, every home owner and massage therapists wants to use their product for a long time. All the massage tables for sale we reviewed here are of high quality; the most materials used to construct the massage tables and beds are of quality hardwood, have steel on their legs and leather which is oil and waterproof. Best quality portable massage tables include Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table, Sierra Comfort All-Inclusive Portable Massage Table which is the best seller and Master Massage 31″ Montclair Professional Portable Massage Table.
As a rule of thumb, buy a massage table that your clients will be comfortable with. What is the use of buying a boring and one that client feels like they are lying on a plank of plywood? Buyers will be excited with some built in features like head and arm rest, carrying case, oil pouch and adjustable parts. All of the massage tables reviewed here have accessories with them.